Schedule Your Consultation Today!Book Now
A bridge is similar to a crown in that it restores missing tooth structure. The major difference is that a bridge restores one or more missing or damaged teeth between existing teeth. There are several types of dental bridges and the dentist is prepared to discuss the best option to fit your individual needs.
- The most popular type of bridge is the traditional bridge, which is constructed from a metal base that has porcelain layered on top of it to give it a natural tooth look.
- This type of bridge consists of two crowns that are supported by teeth on both sides of a missing tooth. An artificial tooth is attached to the anchor teeth creating a bridge. The bridge can fill the gap of one or more teeth.
Reasons your dentist may recommend fixed bridges include:
- To maintain shape and function of the dental arch
- To prevent drifting of the remaining teeth
- To restore your chewing and speaking ability
- To fill the space of missing teeth or as an upgrade from a removable partial denture to a fixed appliance
Treatment for a fixed bridge will require two or more visits.
- At your first visit the dentist will take impressions that will be sent to the lab for constriction of your dental fixed bridges. At this same appointment the dentist will numb the teeth and prepare them for the bridge framework. Before you leave the office you will be fitted with a temporary bridge until your next appointment.
- Once your final bridgework is complete from the laboratory you will return to our Mansfield office for your second visit. At this visit your dentist will verify the fit of this final bridge. If no adjustments are necessary then it will be permanently cemented in place.
After receiving dental bridges, Heritage Dental Group patients receive home care instructions for how to best care for their new dental work. Remember regular dental visits combined with good eating habits and oral hygiene help lengthen the life of your bridge.
Questions / concerns?
Should you have any questions or concerns regarding your oral health, we are more than happy to sit down with you and discuss how you can achieve a beautiful, healthy smile.Contact our team